Newsletter Week 8 Term 4 2015

ADVENT

Come Lord Jesus!

MORE CAKE AND COOKIE STALL PHOTOS

click on all photos to enlarge

P1070682 P1070683 P1070684 P1070692 P1070690

A total amount of $2000.00 has been raised to support the MOKO Foundation.  

Kakariki Team received a fantastic surprise this week when Dr Lance O’Sullivan and his wife Tracy arrived at school. The children and teachers had the opportunity to meet this inspiring couple and hear more about the work they are doing. We were also able to give them toys and books which had been gathered from donations from our school families. If you want to support the Moko Foundation further I am sure they would be very grateful.

Lance O'Sullivan - Moko Trust

OUR LATEST NEW ENTRANTS

P1070702 P1070701

Frankie S  Austin R  Katie G  Ella R  Calie DLC  Noel S

A BIG welcome to them and their families!

Kea Team’s Home Group 15 listening to Violet share her news.

P1070698

P1070699

Kea Team’s Home Group 14 getting ready for their Dress Rehearsal!

P1070703

Kereru Team member, Jack S, very proudly displaying his Full Licence.

P1070700I thought that Mrs Dunne from Kea Team, was catching up on her mending, but she assures me that it’s urgent sewing required for yet another shepherd’s costume!

These Kereru Team members are showing that they can work independently, as a group, without direct supervision, in a space that suits them. What champions!

P1070695 P1070694

Learning Mandarin at St Joseph’s.

This year all Years 5 & 6 students have learnt Mandarin. Some of the children have received Proficiency Certificates because of the great progress they have made. Reuben is proudly displaying his certificate. The Year 1 and some Year 2’s children have also had the opportunity to learn Mandarin for half of the year. Next year, Years 4, 5 & 6 will continue this learning.

P1070696

CHOOKS AT ST JOE’S

Not sure how these chickens seem to make sure they are starring in the newsletter. You can see they are growing rapidly and are living outside now with the older chooks….who, by the way, seem to be easily irritated by their childish behaviour!

.P1070697

CONGRATULATIONS to

Rya (Raphaela) Decena and Annah Matthew,

TAEKWONDO CHAMPIONS!

Dear Phil O’Connell-Cooper

I am writing to inform you that since I emailed you on Tuesday with Raphaela Decena’s  2 Gold Medal results in the Taekwondo New Zealand National Championship on November 28th, I have discovered that another of your students – Annah Mathew also competed and won a Gold Medal. Likewise we wanted to share her results with you as it takes a lot of dedication, focus and practice to achieve such outstanding results. We are very proud of them both.

Kind Regards, Sarah Ward (Programme Manager; Kumgang Taekwondo).

P1070705

CONGRATULATIONSto another successful Miniball Team and to their coach and manager!

P1070707 P1070706

The St Joe’s Sharks…Year 3 / 4 Miniball Team, top of the Gold Grade in the North Harbour Competition!

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SCHOOL CHOIR!

They have sung at Kids for Kids, Mass, Carols in the Park with the Auckland Symphony Orchestra.

Different groups from the choir will be singing at the Year 6 Graduation, the Designer Christmas Fair in Takapuna, and the End of Year Mass.

They have been very dedicated and committed over the whole year.

IMG_0858 Carols in the Park with ASO

The Auckland Symphony Orchestra Conductor was Peter Thomas, an ex-pupil of St Joseph’s; two of the soloists, Moses and Ana MacKay are also ex-pupils and, of course, our choir of present pupils was well-represented.

Kakapo Learners tried out getting in character as part of their preparation for performance and also celebrating being themselves in fun and funky ways.

Some extracts from their writing….

I am a Hawaiian Dancer. I want to be on Britain’s Got talent. I have a green hat with flowers that cover my face. I have some orange and yellow flowers, a wonderful tie and a thin, yellow, curve on my hat. I like being funky and spoilt, excited and confused!  Max

Wizard Hunter is as big as a giant. He has hypnotising eyes. He wears a Wizard Hat and a big velvet gown as big as him that drags on the ground as he walks. Hunter

I’m Holly the Fairy Princess. I like to grant wishes and make potions for spells. The way I move is flying and sometimes skipping. Holly

Hello, my name is Positive Monster. I love stealing sparkly things and jewels. I hide in a cave where all the sparkly things I stole are hidden.  Achira

IMG_0503 IMG_0505 IMG_0508  IMG_0511 IMG_0512

A small selection of the character photos that were taken!

PRT Graduation

CONGRATULATIONS to Jo Nelson and Breanna Viskovich who are now fully registered teachers having successfully completed two full years of teaching!

Things Coming Up:

Family Picnic 6 December

SANTA COMES TO ST JOSEPH’S!!!

SUNDAY 6 DECEMBER 2-5pm Saver Day 13 December (Postponement details will be sent by email & text at about 11.00 a.m. Sunday morning)

Sausage sizzle, candy floss, hand rolled ice creams to indulge in and more!

Face painting, lolly scramble, games and activities and of course – the big man in red!

Bring your own picnic or indulge in our festive treats.

See you at the School Picnic – bottom field.

Year 6 Graduation 7 December 7 pm

Kea & Kakapo Christmas Musical 8 December 1.00

Kereru Christmas Musical 9 December 1.45

Kakariki Christmas Musical 10 December 1.30

End of Year Mass 9.15 and Awards Assembly 11.30 11 December (early finish 1 p.m.)

Thank you morning tea for all Parent Helpers 10.30 14 December

Last day of the 2015 School Year 15 December. School finishes at 1 p.m.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Ma Te Atua Manaaki!  God Bless!   

Phil

2015-12-06T12:45:19+00:00 6th December 2015|