When considering enrolling your child at our school, please let us know as soon as possible as there is a high demand for places at our school.
If you would like to visit, please contact us via:
We have a pre-enrolment pack available either on-line (by clicking on the links below) or at the school office. As part of your child’s pre-enrolment we will need a copy of:
- His/her New Zealand Birth Certificate or Passport
- His/her Baptism Certificate
- Your child’s passport showing his/her current residency status for nationalities other than New Zealand
- Preference of Enrolment Certificate signed by a Parish Priest from the Auckland Diocese.
Please click on the links below to download and complete these forms for each child who will be pre enrolling at our school, ensuring that you have provided all the correct documentation requested (e.g. certificates). Otherwise the pre enrolment cannot be finalised.
The Education and Training Act 2020 (section 26) states that “the children of parents who have a particular or general philosophical or religious connection with a State integrated school must be preferred to other children for enrolment at the school”. Parents may apply for preference enrolment for their children and the ddecision to accept enrolment is made using the nation criteria listed on the Preferrenc Enrolment Certificate (as in Download Forms below)
State integrated schools may also have limited places for non-preference students. At St Joseph’s Catholic School Takapuna, we have a maximum roll of 500 pupils and can therefore accept up to 25 non-preference students.
a) The applicants accept that they will be attending a school of Catholic character and that their place in the school is conditional on their participation in the programme and ethos of the school.
b) The applicants accept that they will be required to pay attendance dues as set by the proprietor and these are not voluntary,
c) Assuming the conditions of Notes a & b above have been met, the following priority order for enrolling non-preference applicants will be applied:
- Siblings of non-preference students already in the school
- Children of staff members
- Siblings of former non-preference students
- Non-preference students coming from another integrated school with the same Catholic Character
- All other applicants
d) Where there are more applicants than places available within the same priority category, the following factors will be taken into consideration:
- Attendance of siblings at a secondary integrated school with the same Catholic Character
- Student living within the St Joseph’s Takapuna Parish area
- Parents of students working within the St Joseph’s Takapuna Parish area
- Students and their parents not living or working in the St Joseph’s Takapuna Parish area
A ballot will be held if the number of applicants meeting these priority criteria, exceeds the spaces available
e) Non-preference students who cannot be enrolled immediately, may choose to be placed on a waiting list which is sorted in order of the priority conditions described above.