Covid-19 Level 2 – March 21

You will have recieved this letter by email this morning. It has been posted on the school website in order to allow families to use the translate tool so it can be read in their first language.

Dear Parents and Whanau

The Prime Minister has just announce that the country is at Covid-19 Level 2. This means:

Risk of community transmission is growing

People over 70 years of age to stay at home as much as possible

People with compromised immune systems to stay at home as much as possible

People with underlying respiratory conditions to stay at home as much as possible

People to limit your movement around the country

Schools remain open however individual schools will be closed if there is a case that affects the school

At this moment, our school will be open on Monday. The Ministry of Health will contact me should they wish the school to be closed. This would occur if there was a confirmed Covid-19 case of a student or a staff member of our school or for a family member of a student or staff member of our school, I have received no such call. Only the Ministry of health can close our school. Neither myself or our Board have the authority to close our school.

I appreciate we are entering a time of uncertainty and we all have many questions that we want answered. I can assure you that where possible I will get answers to any questions you may have and I am confident that together we can continue to support each other over the coming weeks and months.

Please view https://covid19.govt.nz/ for current Government information on Covid-19.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

May I suggest we keep each other, our families and friends and our school community in our prayers over the coming weeks and months.

God bless,

Alister Bridgman

Principal

principal@sj.school.nz

2020-03-21T14:05:02+00:00 21st March 2020|