ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC
2019/41 – December 2
The students are in full rehearsal mode this week for our Christmas Concert. This is being held at Westlake Boys this coming Sunday December 8. It is going to be a truely stunning evening for the students and their families. There will be a notice coming out with all the details as to arrival times, costumes and pickup procedures after the show. Please read this notice carefully. You will be receiving it by email and your child will be bringing home a hard copy to stick on the fridge.
Wednesday evening this week will see a larger number of our students receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time. Through this term they have been participating in the Parish Sacrament programme in prepartion to receive this Sacrament. They have been supported in their preparation by their parents and the programme facilitators. Please keep these children in your prayers.
On Thursday evening this week you will receive an email that contains a link to a ‘Community Engagement Survey’. The results of this survey will assist the Board when they review the school’s strategic plan early in 2020. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey.
Congratulations to the senior students who assisted Kiwi and Kea students on their Athletics afternoon. It was great to seem them supporting and encouraging the young students at each event. Congratulations to the Kiwi and Kea students on giving each event a go. They certainly had great fun. It was lovely to see so many of their parents their supporting them.
The students and their teachers are currently completing the student’s final report for the year. Your child’s report will be coming home on Monday next week. If, upon receiving the report you have any queries, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher to make an appointment to discuss them.
Yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent. The beginning of the four weeks in which we prepare for the birth of Our Lord Jesus Christ. It is a very busy time of year where we are all wanting to ‘finish’ a variety of tasks before the Christmas break. It is hard to believe we only have eleven more school days before the 2019 school year concludes on Tuesday December 17 at 1pm. Please note this date and time on your calendar.
Ka manaakitia koutou e te Atua.
Term 4 Week 8
Monday 2 December
8.50 am – School Prayers – School Hall
Lunch Time Clubs – Kapa Haka Group
Tuesday 3 December
Pupuke Cluster Athletics
Lunch Time Clubs – Chess Group
5.30 pm – 7 pm – Christmas Concert Committee Meeting – Staffroom
7 pm – 8.30 pm – Christmas Concert Volunteers Meeting – Staffroom
Wednesday 4 December
Lunch Time Clubs – Kidzcan Drama / Pasifika Culture Group / Festival of Football
6.00 pm – First Reconciliation – St Joseph’s Church
Thursday 5 December
8.00 am – Choir
Friday 6 December
Kiwi Ball – Team Kakapo
Sunday 8 December
School Christmas Show – Westlake Boys College – Students arrive 4.15 pm – Show begins 6 pm – Doors close 5.50pm
LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE CHRISTMAS CONCERT!
The Christmas concert is now less than one week away. The children have been practising incredibly hard and the PTA is extremely grateful for all the work our wonderful teachers have been doing to help them prepare. We are also very appreciative of the time Simon O’Neill has put into helping the choir and year six students over the past several weeks. The children are all sounding amazing!
A few bits of information to help you plan your night:
- NO DOOR SALES:
- There will be no door sales on the night, but tickets will be available through the iTICKET site up until two hours prior to the show.
- CALL TIMES FOR STUDENTS TO ARRIVE AT WESTLAKE BOYS (30 Forrest Hill Road):
- 4.00PM: Year 6 students + Choir
- 4.15 – 4.30PM: All other students (years 0 – 6)
- Please ensure that your children arrive on-time to the event as they are needed for a rehearsal / sound-check prior to the show commencing.
- Drop-off / pick-up locations will be sign-posted on-site
- Please note that food will be provided for our students on-site.
- THE EVENT WILL RUN ROUGHLY AS FOLLOWS:
- 4.00pm: Pre-event food and beverage options available for purchase (bar open from 4.30pm) – drop the children off and enjoy a catch-up with friends and family while you wait for the concert to begin
- 5.20pm: Doors open for sponsors, VIP ticket holders and access for those with mobility issues
- 5:30pm: Doors open for general admission ticket holders.
- Please note that all ticket holders must be seated by 5:50pm and the doors will be closed to entry once the concert starts at 6.00pm.
- The concert will include a 30-minute intermission, during which food and beverage options will be available.
- 9.15pm: Concert ends.
- Limited car parking is available on-site, with additional car parking available on Forrest Hill Rd and the surrounding side streets
- Where possible, we recommend people carpool
- DVDs / USB recordings
- We’d love you to enjoy the show, so have arranged for a professional videographer to film the event. You can go online to the iTICKET site to order a DVD/USB recording of the show
- Don’t forget we have an amazing raffle running with some fantastic prizes worth thousands! Pre-purchase your tickets through the office this week, or else they’ll also be available on the night.
- Tickets are $5 or 3 for $10.
- TO PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS OR DVD/USB VISIT:
We’re looking forward to seeing you at the concert on Sunday and appreciate all the help our community and generous sponsors have provided to bring this concert together.
See you Sunday!
WORKING BEE AT ST JOSEPH’S CHURCH SATURDAY 14 DECEMBER Brighten up our Church and surrounds for Christmas! Willing workers needed for cleaning windows, grounds, Hall and Church. Cleaning materials supplied—and tea, coffee and juice. Starting at 9.30am and finishing with a Sausage Sizzle on the lawn by the Parish Office (weather permitting). To help please phone the Parish Office 489 6486 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RITE II – First Reconciliation For children in the Sacramental Programme – Wednesday 4 December at 6pm. After the children have completed their Reconciliation, all are welcome.
Please Support Our Sponsors
Once upon a starry night…
A BIG thank you to all our Christmas concert sponsors for their support and generosity!
If you have an opportunity to support these businesses, please do.
MANY THANKS also to …
* If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the St. Joseph’s Christmas Concert, please email email@example.com